[ExI] SETI for Post Singularity Civs

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 18:23:53 UTC 2015

On 23 January 2015 at 14:58, Rafal Smigrodzki  wrote:
<snip
> ### Well, where you go is up to you, but I intend for some of my forked
> selves to stay around and eat as much matter of the dismantled sun as social
> conventions allow. One needs a lot of fat to aestivate through the trillions
> of years until the final computations can be done.

The obvious response is to use your own logic and ask why the
quadrillions of ETs are not eating their suns?
Are you the only one in the universe that wants to do that?  :)

I think the big step required to face up to is that what we want now
will be nothing like what we want as post-sing intelligences. Even in
our brief lifespan what we want as 20 year olds is not what we want as
50 year olds.

The thoughts of fast-thinker AIs will be incomprehensible to us. As
will be their desires and goals.
We should hope that they go away to do their own thing in virtual
reality. Our sun being eaten could be a bit of a problem for us.

BillK