[ExI] In memoriam

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Fri May 8 22:39:18 UTC 2015

Natasha, I will have to do an online search for that beautiful song.

I just found (refound) this wonderful tribute to Robert, by George Dvorsky.

"At a personal level, Robert Bradbury was known as a generous, driven and
often outspoken individual. His unorthodox beliefs, a hallmark of the
transhumanist and Extropian <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extropianism>
communities of which he was a big part, often translated to personal
opinions that made others uncomfortable. Bradbury never shied away from
saying things that might offend others, but this largely came from his
powerful sense of outrage towards certain issues, including the problem of
death. A radical life extension crusader, Bradbury railed against the
needless deaths of people the world over and and how society spent so
relatively few resources to address the issue."

"Not content to merely wax philosophical on heady issues, Bradbury made a
number of attempts at various tech ventures, but often to poor results. He
desperately wanted to succeed at being a technology entrepreneur, and at
the time of his passing, may have felt deep frustration at not being more
successful in this regard. He also wanted to marry and have children, but
seemed to have doubts about having a successful and lasting relationship."

http://www.sentientdevelopments.com/2011/03/remembering-robert-bradbury.html

John  :  )