[ExI] woohoo! bezos does it again!

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Apr 5 00:03:17 UTC 2016

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace
…

>…A great example of lack of social thinking:  I meant to send this to Spike only and not rouse the herd, but it's OK…

Eh, there’s no point having a herd if we don’t rouse them regularly.

>…  (BTW - psychopaths are not insane - until you've heard an insane person speak, you have not lived a full life - neologisms, interspersed with giggling and  -  oh, wait - doesn't that sound like Spike?)  bill w

Well there ya go.  I prefer to think of myself more as one who thinks of funny ideas in the middle of a sentence, which then causes them to be interspersed with giggling, which is a completely different phenom than psychopathic maniacal laughter.  In the latter case, it might be another personality telling jokes and wisecracks as one speaks.

Example, we have heard in the old days of demon possession, and in some cases multiple demons, such as recorded in judeo-christian scripture, the whole legion thing with the two guys at Gadarenes as recorded in Matthew 8: 28-32.  Now I don’t know about you, but if some yahoo came along, roused my swine herd and made pig soup out of my livestock, I would really be pissed.  They claimed this cat was without sin?  How the hell would we define hijacking the local swine herd?  A misdemeanor?

But I digress.  The point is we have examples aplenty of demon possession, and we are told that demons are the counterparts of the angels, the third of them who went bad, over to the dark side, etc.  So… why the asymmetry?  Why don’t the good angels ever possess people?  Think about it, that might be a kick!  The good angels have had all this time to learn stuff, then they could possess us, and we might become instant skilled programmers or something, heeeehehehehheeee.  Perhaps that was what was going on when the apostles started speaking in tongues, ja?  But that’s boring: we have computers which can do that now.  I want to program in fingers.

The previous is a funny thought with giggling interspersed with typing.  So now all I need is a neologism to meet and exceed BillW’s educated definition of insane.  Hmmmm…. OK got it.  I want to go to a reverse séance, conjure up some good angels, see if I can be possessed by one.  Or several of them, like the porcine Legion team, but their counterparts, the good guys, ja?  We can call the session an ecnaés, with the nifty derivative prime mark over the é.  Is the word ecnaés already taken?  My bride uses it regularly in scrabble, but that’s no indication it is an actual word: she cheats.  {8-[    At scrabble only, not marital vows.  {8^D   As far as I know.  {8-/

But wait, what if… I get possessed by several really stupid angels?  They could be the Celebrity Apprentice audience of angelic hosts, heeeeeheheheheheheeeeeheheheee.  This could be a risky ecnaés.

Is that cool with Bezos sticking that landing, or what?