[ExI] Tabby's star

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 17:05:05 UTC 2016

On Sun, Dec 11, 2016 at 4:47 PM, Stuart LaForge <avant at sollegro.com> wrote:

> Maybe the aliens aren't expansionist.

### I take the observation at Tabby's star and calculate the expected
number of finished Dyson spheres in our neighborhood, without making any
specific assumptions about the aliens. If you see a Dyson sphere being
built close to Earth as soon as you build a telescope, it implies that
Dyson spheres are common as dirt, regardless of whether the aliens
responsible are expansionist or not.

> One year is too short a time frame for me to take that bet. Give me 35
> years, and I would take your bet.

### In thirty five years I will be probably frozen at Alcor.

Rafal