[ExI] Do digital computers feel was Re: Is the wave function real?

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 04:33:34 UTC 2016

Rafal wrote:

--
Stathis Papaioannou

<I know, you actually have the opposite intuition, treating even physically
distinct minds as indiscernible, and you treat multiple similar but
physically separate minds as equal in value to a single mind. For me this
is a very surprising intuition.>

Here's another way to look at it. Suppose your brain contained identical
parallel circuits A and B, tied together at input and output, which could
be switched on and off independently of each other. It would be difficult
to do with biological tissue due to chaotic internal processes but more
straightforward if you consider a digital implant. Obviously, if you switch
A and B off together you will lose all the functionality of the circuitry.
But if you switch off either A or B, you will notice no change.

Stathis Papaioannou