[ExI] freedom threatened

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 02:43:38 UTC 2016

On Sun, Dec 18, 2016 at 8:32 PM, Dan TheBookMan <danust2012 at gmail.com>
wrote:

​> ​
> are you going my to criticize Clinton and many Democrats for advocating
> that the state decide what's fake news?

​If​

​that what their ​
advocating
​then yes I criticize it, but I haven't bothered to read the bill in
question because I doubt the Senate will even vote on it much less pass it.
But
I have read a brief summery of it and nothing particularly dreadful jumps
out at me. Maybe I'm wrong but it just seems to be saying if Russia
covertly fucks around with us we should covertly fuck around with them,
something I'm sure the intelligence agencies would do anyway with or
without the bill.

http://intelligence.house.gov/uploadedfiles/hr_6393_one_pager.pdf

​But maybe it's a bad summary and the problem is in the fine print, so here
is the entire bill:

https://www.congress.gov/114/bills/hr6393/BILLS-114hr6393rds.pdf​

Your homework assignment is to read the entire bill, all 93 pages, and
report back to us on exactly what's wrong with it. I'd do it myself but I'd
rather watch paint dry.

​> ​
> You've done it again.

​Done what again?​

> ​> ​
> Trimming out relevant portions of my response,

​For god's sake Dan, ​
​your entire post is still right there next to mine for all to see in all
its untrimmed glory!​

John K Clark