[ExI] Bell's Inequality

Jason Resch jasonresch at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 23:50:16 UTC 2016

On Sat, Dec 31, 2016 at 5:13 PM, Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 31, 2016 at 2:57 PM, Jason Resch <jasonresch at gmail.com> wrote:
> > MW is falsifiable because QM is
> > falsifiable.
>
> We were talking about the difference between MWI and superposition,
> and that not being falsifiable.  QM being falsifiable is irrelevant to
> "MWI or superposition or something else".

The theory that all the parts of the superposition go away when observed,
except for one, is an extension (the collapse postulate) added to vanilla
QM, the math of which contains no such provision for parts of the
superposition disappearing when observed.

> > You need to posit almost a God-like magic to allow my selection of Pi in
> the
> > use of setting polarization angles in an iterated EPR experiment, to
> cause
> > the photon pairs to be generated with just the right patterns of
> > polarizations to yield the observed probabilities.
>
> No, I just need to posit that what you observe is what you observe.
> No cause or conspiracy to produce the observed results is required.

A conspiracy is required, for the statistics to match the predictions of QM
in a superdetermined world and to rob all agents of control over their
destinies.

Gottfried Leibniz <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gottfried_Leibniz>'s
theory of *pre-established harmony* (French
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_language>: *harmonie préétablie*) is
a philosophical <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophy> theory about
causation <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causality> under which every
"substance" affects only itself, but all the substances (both bodies and
minds) in the world nevertheless seem to causally interact with each other
because they have been programmed by God <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God> in
advance to "harmonize" with each other. Leibniz's term for these substances
was "monads <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monad_(philosophy)>" which he
described in a popular work (*Monadology
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monadology>* §7) as "windowless".

An example:
An apple falls on Alice's head, apparently causing the experience of pain
in her mind. In fact, the apple does not cause the pain—the pain is caused
by some previous state of Alice's mind. If Alice then seems to shake her
hand in anger, it is not actually her mind that causes this, but some
previous state of her hand.

Superdeterminism is just a modern day version of a pre-established harmony.
The measurements you and someone else on Alpha Centauri make were
pre-ordained to be just the right ones to match up with the polarizations
of the photons in a manner to preserve the quantum statistics.

Jason