[ExI] segregation forever!!

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Fri May 20 15:12:10 UTC 2016

Also, not having had education, most of them are incapable of the kind of
long-term deductive reasoning that goes, "I need money therefore I need job
therefore I need education".  Besides, many of them think they can't get a
job even if they were educated; to convince them otherwise would require
education, even if forced upon them.

​Years ago I saw a study done by a welfare dept.  It found that about 5% of
the people getting checks were fraudulent.  They then figured how many more
agents it would take to catch those people and get them out of the system.
Turned out that it would cost more to hire more agents than it would to
just keep paying those cheaters.

It seems that there is a myth that some huge number of welfare recipients
are lazy people who could take a job but don't care too as long as they get
free money.  They also find that many are looking for jobs but they jobs
simply aren't there.  Or it would eat their entire check to pay for child
care, so they can stow their kids while they work.

For Rafal - but who would hire a 15 year old with a B.A.?  Certainly there
are kids who could do it.  And anything that supports or increases
vocational education has my support.  One more thing:  my state and many
others requires passing an algebra test to get a high school diploma.  The
jobs that require algebra are few and far between, so this requirement is
just stupid.  Sure, we need to catch up to the world in math and science,
but with out op 1%, not with everybody.

bill w​