[ExI] If you built "Westworld" (or other robot sex) it would probably be with VR

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 14:13:48 UTC 2016

On Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 9:49 AM, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

> But AI robots could develop into becoming almost-human companions. In
> which case my query really asks whether there would be laws against
> every home becoming a mini-Playboy mansion with attractive sexbots
> attending to every whim of the owner. (Just can't get enough of these
> whims!).  :)

I have no doubt that there will be people who think sexbots should be
illegal or regulated or restricted in any way imaginable. As a libertarian
I don't any justification for that. The only gray area I see is "underage"
sexbots. Currently, I think everywhere in the US, at least, any kind real
or imagined sexual interaction (or attempted sexual interaction) with
minors is illegal. Maybe pervs with underage sexbots would leave underage
humans alone, but maybe it'd just reinforce their desire for the real
thing. Perhaps something like a program where using/buying an underage
sexbot would require declaring oneself a potential sexual predator and
wearing a tracking anklet at all times would work. But is this a slippery
slope? Will it open the door to restricting "rape" or "murder" of sexbots?

-Dave