[ExI] If you built "Westworld" (or other robot sex) it would probably be with VR

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 15:02:05 UTC 2016

On 3 November 2016 at 14:13, Dave Sill wrote:
> I have no doubt that there will be people who think sexbots should be
> illegal or regulated or restricted in any way imaginable. As a libertarian I
> don't any justification for that. The only gray area I see is "underage"
> sexbots. Currently, I think everywhere in the US, at least, any kind real or
> imagined sexual interaction (or attempted sexual interaction) with minors is
> illegal. Maybe pervs with underage sexbots would leave underage humans
> alone, but maybe it'd just reinforce their desire for the real thing.
> Perhaps something like a program where using/buying an underage sexbot would
> require declaring oneself a potential sexual predator and wearing a tracking
> anklet at all times would work. But is this a slippery slope? Will it open
> the door to restricting "rape" or "murder" of sexbots?

The problem I foresee is that sexbots will be *better* than the real thing.
After all, bots are going to be taking over almost all human work, so
why not take over 'the oldest profession' as well?
Initially bots will be expensive, so damaging them would make one
liable to a big claim for damages from the owner.

As you say, to us, child sexbots are troublesome to consider. But
future humans may see things differently. Just look at the changes in
the last fifty years!  Certainly plenty of work for lawyers ahead.

BillK