[ExI] Humans losing freewill

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 22:45:14 UTC 2016

 William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just want to know what the hell the term means.

I suspect, without any evidence at all, that it comes from Christianity.
> If we are always doing God's will because that's the way God set it up,

​Does God have free will? Either God set things up the way He did for a
reason, in which case He
​ was ​
subject
​ed​
to cause and effect just as we are, or he
​was not​
​ in which case His behavior is random rather like the decay of a Uranium
atom. Where does free will enter into this?

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com wrote:

> ​> ​
> I believe in free will

​I don't know if I believe in free will or not because I have no idea what
the term means.​

​I understand what "will" means, I want to do some thing and don't want to
do other things, ​and my likes and dislikes are a function of both the
state of my brain and the state of the environment; but I don't know the
meaning of "free will"

 John K Clark