[ExI] it's the yoga! was: RE: The Doomsday Clock

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 15:24:42 UTC 2018

I listened to the rhythmic speech rapper JayZ uttered at a political
campaign event, had very little idea what he was going on about.  It wasn’t
much like Karen Carpenter and John Denver.

spike

Or Billy Joel.  There is some classical music I know that would sound just
as good if the notes were somewhat different.  The key to those pieces is
the rhythm - that's what makes it interesting.  (Prokofieff, if you are
interested)

If you don't have anything to say, say it with a smile and a rhythm.

If there were a universal language (that is to say, planetary - universal
is a bit presumptuous, isn't it?),  it would not last long.  Regional
variations would occur, new words would be coined, accents making spelling
difficult, and lots more.  It's only constant communication that make
American and British English similar.  It does not take long.  Read
Canterbury Tales in the original lately?

As for the Indians, with whom was it more important to communicate with,
your fellow tribesmen, or the white guys who had all these neat things you
wanted, like jobs.  The young Indians saw where the future lay and thought
their Indian language was old hat, and abandoned it, like tlingit.

bill w