[ExI] I wish this was fake news

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 20:16:21 UTC 2018

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 2:23 PM, Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com> wrote:

​>>​
>>  If the solution is neither X nor not X then
>

> ​> ​
> That assumes X is a variable that can only be true or false, and that
> all cases of X being false are equivalent.

No, it assumes nothing of the sort.I accidentally dropper my pen. That is a
problem. The solution to that problem is either a banana or the solution is
not a banana. In this case the solution is not a banana, in this case the
solution is to pick the pen up. If the solution is not a banana and also
not not a banana then I will never see my pen again and must just learn to
live without it.

> ​> ​
> merely getting rid of Trump
>> is not the totality of the solution;

In the real world big problems rarely have total solutions and stupidity is
a big problem, but getting rid of a dishonest lying pinhead who has his
grubby little finger on the nuclear trigger would be a big step in the
right direction.

John K Clark