[ExI] I wish this was fake news

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 18:20:10 UTC 2018

On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 2:00 PM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> How are we to regard people who don't have a side?  You gotta be for some
> things and against some things, and that puts you on a side or two.

I have many sides, and calling myself Republican, Democrat, liberal,
conservative, etc, doesn't come close to representing what I believe about
any particular issue. I suspect that's true of most people, but most people
choose one of those labels.

Your suggestions are fine, but we need very large numbers of people on our
> side to get anything done and the Dems occurred to me as the best of the
> sad alternatives.  Create something new?  Like what ?

I don't know, let's start talking and see what develops. A viable third
party is one possibility, but that's nearly an oxymoron in our system.
Maybe changes that help make other parties viable?

> Are you talking about How We Live Now?  Gimme a link to that.  I can't
> find one.  Is that content in Against Authority by him?

I'm talking about "How to Free Your Mind in the Trump Era", of which he
writes:

  *Recently, I’ve written and posted a new free book, How to Free Your Mind
in the Trump Era. This is not a political rant, but a short essay that
offers some practical advice to anyone feeling overwhelmed by America’s
toxic political landscape. It’s also available on johntwelvehawks.com
<http://johntwelvehawks.com>
(https://www.johntwelvehawks.com/download-trump-era-ebook
<https://www.johntwelvehawks.com/download-trump-era-ebook>) and a wide
variety of public websites.*

But, no, this is new since "Against Authority". More of an essay than a
book, really.

-Dave