[ExI] More FRB News

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 12:00:47 UTC 2019

Yesterday the journal Nature reported the detection on May 23 of the most
distant Fast Radio Burst ever discovered, it came from a massive galaxy 7.9
billion light years away breaking the previous record set just last week of
4 billion lightyears:

A fast radio burst localized to a massive galaxy
<https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-019-1389-7>

And last Friday a Russian observatory reported seeing 9 new FRB's at 111MHz
,  and one of them was only the third FRB ever found that repeated:

Search for Fast Radio Burst at the frequency 111 MHz
<https://www.frb.su/pustaya-stranica>

Now that we know what to look for we're seeing Fast Radio Bursts
everywhere, in old galaxies much larger than ours, in young galaxies much
smaller than ours, and in galaxies that look very much like ours.

John K Clark