[ExI] Fwd: year round school

Henry Rivera hrivera at alumni.virginia.edu
Fri Dec 11 16:12:04 UTC 2020

I have an unexpected and positive update on
my local situation!

Sports have all been cancelled here so far this year, so maybe this was an opportune time to rock the boat. Or all our letters and data finally penetrated some skulls.

Either way, I’ll take the victory, which is really one for our kids.

12/11/20
(Northampton, MA) — It’s been years in discussion…but now it’s official. Students in Northampton will start school later in the morning. The city’s school committee voted last night to move the high school start time next September to 9 a.m. Advocates have long been calling for a later start time so teenagers can get more sleep. Northampton’s elementary students will start at 8am next Fall…Middle Schoolers will start classes at 8:30.