[ExI] Tansin Versus Tavir

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 12:02:56 UTC 2020

We have a SCOTUS who issued a unanimous decision on a provision underlying
qualified immunity.

Now citizens can sue government workers for breach of the Constitution for
damages.  A group of Muslim men were punished after they refused to spy on
Muslims for the government.  They were placed on the No Fly list which cost
several of them jobs.

The article says that the SCOTUS decision of 1982 to create qualified
immunity was overriding the Constitution.

Many of you may know the importance of this more than I and I would like to
hear some reactions to this decision.  A victory for the common person
against the federal government - that has to be monumental -historical, the
article called it.  And don't forget:  unanimous.

bill w