[ExI] early indications of an unfriendly ai

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 23:25:05 UTC 2020

On Thu, Oct 1, 2020 at 6:30 PM spike jones via extropy-chat
>>...Yeah... Heck, I've seen homeless people with smartphones.  Regards,  Dan
>
> Well of course they do, Dan.  How else could they process donations?  I
> don't know how it is in Australia, but yanks don't carry cash anymore.

I'm not sure how it is in Australia either. I'm still puzzled that you
believe I'm in Australia. :)

> If
> they do, I wouldn't want to touch it.  We offer the homeless person alms or
> mercy, she whips out her phone: "Bless you kind sir, I accept Samsung Pay,
> Tabbed Out, Gyft, PayPal, TransferWise, Venmo, Google Wallet, physical
> precious metals and any prescription pain medication."
>
> Ours must be a most puzzling world to non-hip older people who don't keep
> up.

Given that probably half the planet's population has a smartphone by
now, is the generational divide that big? Most of the older people I
know personally seem to be using the phones for much of this stuff --
though I admit they're often surprised that you can tap the phone to
pay.

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via: