[ExI] Is the ExI email list slowly dying out? And if so, what can be done to reverse such an outcome?

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 19:55:36 UTC 2020

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020, 2:29 PM Dan TheBookMan via extropy-chat <

> Censorship would be outlawing the songs, no? I don't think Spike is
> advocating that. Do you?
>
> And I would distinguish between censorship and socially
> appropriateness. The latter means what people generally approve or
> approve in a given social context. It's not coercive per se. The
> former is coercive per se.

Full-spectrum light washing is even worse than censorship

At least is something is censored,  you can usually get past the censorship
to find the original in its unadulterated form.  The redefinition of what
once was into something else robs it of its flavor.

In that light,  imagine the only condiment that "old white men" legally
allow is mayonaise... now imagine that "curry" is redefined as "salt" and
you have a new appreciation for his insidious is Newspeak