[ExI] tv ads

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 18:55:56 UTC 2020

On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 2:50 PM spike jones via extropy-chat
> …> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
> Subject: Re: [ExI] tv ads
>>>… I've noticed all too frequently, libertarian-leaning folks quickly morph into authoritarians once they
>>> get close to power.  dan
>
>>…And look what happens in S. America and elsewhere:  the communists overrun
>> the government, nationalize industry, etc.  They get control of the military and
>> turn into dictatorships.  Power is so very addictive.   bill w

Point to Bill W.: I wasn't talking about them getting into power, but
merely being around it. I know power corrupts. But many so called
libertarians here were entranced with Trump... Thinking it over,
though, there was a strong undercurrent of wanting to trigger
Democrats, SJWs, and the Left. For me, it should've been an immediate
wake up call that these folks weren't libertarians: their concern was
going after their adversaries rather than advocating freedom.

> No way Jose!
>
> Well, hmmm…  Way, Jose.
>
> We had three moderators for ExI back in the olden days, two quit in disgust with
> me because I steadfastly allowed everything.  So after that, I had absolute
> godlike POWER!  But did I ever abuse it?  NO!  NEVER!
>
> BillW and Dan, you are right on.  Power is not only addictive, it is corrosive to
> the soul.  I am the only unfettered dictator in history who steadfastly refused
> to be corrupted by sheer power.  I hold the world record in not corrupt.  The
> current ExI-mod must stay not corrupt for another 19 years to exceed my
> astonishing achievement in uncorruptitude.
>
> Regarding South America: it is surprising that dictators keep playing the same
> tricks over and over.  I don’t understand why it keeps following the same pattern.

Well, the same tricks often work throughout history. But there are variations.

Anyhow, just to clarify: South America is more the land of Right Wing
dictatorships, then 'communist' ones. And if Bill W really meant Latin
America, then the number of 'communist' dictatorships is three: Cuba,
Nicaragua, and Grenada. And they took over Right wing dictatorships --
in two cases, Right wing dictators supported by the US. (To be sure,
Gairy's dictatorship in Grenada was just getting started when he was
overthrown -- whereas those of Batista (Cuba) and Somoza (Nicaragua)
were in power for years, even for decades for the Somoza family.)

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via:
http://author.to/DanUst