[ExI] new covid case rates

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 04:15:46 UTC 2021

Much of this discussion seems predicated on something like that ‘if a state or region has stated policy X (with regard to COVID), then there’s a total or virtually royal compliance with policy X in said state or region.’ I recall Spike agreeing with me weeks (or months?) ago that California’s stated policy wasn’t exactly followed by everyone in that state, especially not in red districts. Why presume that Florida is completely different here? (Add to this, some contacts in Florida — as you the current agreement does not grant my handlers or me direct access to Florida — have pointed out there are areas where people and businesses are more pro-distancing and pro-mask than in other areas.) There needs to be some means of figuring out levels of compliance before judging specific measures — much less pointing out one place is better than another when one doesn’t know this level, no?

Regards,

Dan