[ExI] very informative

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 12:59:52 UTC 2021

Spike wrote:
"We are starting on the endgame of a pandemic which killed a bunch of
people.
Imagine a far worse version of it where instead of the fatality rate being a
coupla percent, the survival rate was a coupla percent, and it was far more
contagious.  No national borders can stop it.  In that situation, the
unarmed would continue to devour each other down to the last man.  But the
well-armed prepper can defend her food cache, survive to eventually
repopulate the planet with those who understand the value of the right to
bear arms and the wisdom to be prepared for catastrophe."

Guns would definitely help in such a situation, but not be a cure all for
personal safety. A small group with guns and ammo could be overrun by large
mobs of desperate and hungry unarmed people, or also by a bigger or better
coordinated group of armed humans than your own. I think the key factor is
living in a tucked away or even totally hidden place, where the hungry and
violent hordes don't come across you and your food cache.

Keep in mind that the wealthy elites of America, long before this pandemic
even got started, were hiring specialty construction companies to create
multi-million dollar custom build underground facilities, so they could sit
out for several years if necessary, a civilization crippling pandemic or
similar disaster, while the proles rob and murder each other on the surface.

John

On Thu, Dec 31, 2020 at 9:18 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <