[ExI] (no subject)

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 16:56:58 UTC 2023

It seems in many cases that the decisions made about an elderly person in
poor health are made by family.  Or at least they are pushing a decision on
the old one.  This seems certain to me that they are thinking of themselves
and not the old one.  I think they assume that no one really wants to die
and not be subjected to more medical interventions that would not prolong
life more than a few months at most.  As we all know, a huge part of the
medical expenses in a person's life occur in the last couple of years.

My wife's mother faced a situation where she was too weak to withstand
surgery and would die if she didn't get it.  They operated.  She died.  Who
urged whom to do what I don't know.   bill w

On Sun, Jun 18, 2023 at 10:41 AM MB via extropy-chat <