[ExI] Re Atten: For any extropy libertarians

Max More max at maxmore.com
Wed Aug 8 06:34:46 UTC 2012

Depends partly on what you select at McD's. It's not necessarily worse than
other fast food places, but tends to be demonized. The fat isn't
necessarily a problem but, unfortunately, they cook not in a good saturated
fat like coconut oil, but probably in something awful like canola oil or
some other seed oil.

As spike says, it's also a matter of frequency. The occasional McD's, even
the less healthy choices, aren't going to kill you.

All this must be customized according to your specific biochemistry. We
still know extremely little, but it seems that the 20% of the population
with the allele for ApoE4 should keep their fat intake relatively low. You
can find out whether you have that allele for $99 through 23andMe. If you
do, you're also at higher risk of Alzheimers. If you have two copies, you
10 to 30 times the risk of developing Alzheimers.

--Max

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 10:16 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> >... On Behalf Of Mike Dougherty
> Subject: Re: [ExI] Re Atten: For any extropy libertarians
>
> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 12:20 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
> >>... Under no circumstances is it appropriate for a McD employee to mess
> with anything any person is wearing...
>
> >...I didn't think anyone over 30 chooses to eat McD... and definitely
> nobody with even minimal concern for their health...

> On the contrary, McDonald's food isn't necessarily unhealthy, if devoured
> in
> reasonable quantities, this being surprisingly small.  It is high fat,
> which
> means you eat only a little of it.  Health-wise, McDs has been given a bad
> rap.
>
> Most of the clientele I see in there are over 30.  My notion now is there
> is
> nothing wrong with high-fat foods, but one must watch the quantity
> carefully.  It is easy to overeat.  In some ways, it is analogous to
> whiskey
> vs beer.  It doesn't matter which form the alcohol is devoured, only the
> total amount.  McD's is the food equivalent of hard liquor.  Drink only one
> shot of whiskey, no problem.  Eat only the smaller value meal on occasion,
> no problem.
>
> I may wait to see if the perps who attacked Steve Mann get fired.  If so, I
> may devour an egg McMuffin on occasion.
>
> spike

Max More, PhD
Strategic Philosopher
Co-editor, *The Transhumanist Reader*
President & CEO, Alcor Life Extension Foundation
7895 E. Acoma Dr # 110
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
480/905-1906 ext 113