[ExI] calling for our exi computer security hipsters, was: RE: Donald Trump

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Sat May 7 19:03:11 UTC 2016

On Sat, May 7, 2016 at 11:35 AM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

>  Hi Adrian, if you meant Gary Johnson, he is already a hardcore openness
> advocate.

Yes, but will he make any serious effort to work with the press, and to get
the press working with him?

> Our current government espoused transparency but turned out to be the
> least transparent of any in memory

That's not what I was talking about.  I'm talking about using the press as
the curators of openness, rather than exclusively relying on government
folks to decide what should and should not be published.  Granted, there
are some legit national security things that shouldn't be sent to the
press, but perhaps make that decision not entirely up to those who would be
embarrassed or jailed if the information went public.