[ExI] Repudiating the national debt

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Sat May 14 23:44:07 UTC 2016

On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 9:08 PM, John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 11, 2016 Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> ​>​
>>  reasonably successful businessman
>

> ​A better description of Donald Trump would be ​
> reasonably successful
> ​ trust fund kid. At least he didn't blow all of daddy's money. ​
>
> ​> ​
>> Hey, let's put down some numbers. How likely is a nuclear war if Trump is
>> president? How likely if Clinton is president?
>>

> ​I can't give specif numbers, but I do know that if Japan, South Korea,
> Taiwan, Germany and Saudi Fucking Arabia have nuclear weapons as Donald
> Trump thinks they should (and
> Hillary Clinton
> ​ thinks they should not) then the chances of nuclear war increase. Also,
> we know from his angry tweets that Dumb Donald goes into tantrums late at
> night,​ so what happens when President Trump reaches for his Red Telephone
> instead of his iPhone at 3am?

### Not plausible. You don't get to keep and expand a business over 40
years by being impulsive and prone to tantrums. Also, Trump has made some
very explicitly isolationist comments, which implies a much lower
likelihood of getting into tense situations with the Russians or the
Chinese.

On the other hand, the Old Witch of Arkansas has a proven track record of
ineptitude specifically in managing US foreign policy and a hawkish
attitude.

You should try to look at the record of the candidates' actions, rather
than what they say on the campaign trail. A single deed is worth a thousand
words.

I think neither candidate is likely to cause a nuclear war but if anything,
Clinton is the higher risk.

Rafał