[ExI] Sanders, Clinton and Trump

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Fri May 20 14:37:42 UTC 2016

On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 4:58 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> *From:* extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] *On
> Behalf Of *William Flynn Wallace
>

> >…Spike, if you would read Dark Territory, as I mentioned earlier, you
> could put your mind to rest a bit about security of emails, phone calls,
> etc.  That is, unless you are so convinced of hidden plots that you cannot
> believe anything about what the gov does.  As I understood it, only
> metadata is stored - not content…
>

> Ja of course.  We know Snowden leaked that part about metadata, but the
> public also learned a term recently called SAR, or Special Access Required
> programs.  Snowden was not in his job long enough to have access to SARs.
> Usually those tickets are granted for a special purpose to people with
> special skills which they are trained by their employer carefully.  This
> takes some time, often at least years.  Some never get to where they are
> valuable enough to risk issuing a SAR ticket.  Snowden had none of those
> spooky numbers.  Sure, we know that they only get metadata.  But can we
> conceive of a technology that would intercept and record more than that?
> Is it technologically possible to do?  If so, and there is any motive to do
> it, you have the means and the motive.  No conspiracy required.  Your turn
> sir.
>

> ​Well, of course they have the capability (I don't really know this for a
> fact but it seems obvious) ?- it might take a billion dollars worth of
> storage to handle it.  Who knows what they are recording from Russian
> secret service calls etc.?   But hundreds of employees are doing something
> with foreign data.
>

>> >…Changing the content of emails has been done, but to terrorist groups
> and war enemies, such as Iraq…
>

> Hmmm.  What does it take to be tagged an enemy of the state?  Will posting
> an internet video do it?  Does it matter what is in that video?
>

> ​What state?  Iran, for sure!  I would not post anything on this group or
> anywhere that denigrates Muslims.  As far as the USA is concerned, we still
> have freedom of speech, eh?  One of these days I am going to read about
> Hoover.  He was just the kind of evil man you are talking about.  He was
> said to have files on everyone and so everyone was scared to call him of
> the legality of it​.
>

> >…  We are far too small to mess with…
>

> How big do we need to be to mess with BillW?

​I think we have to be in some sort of targeted group, like the skinheads
or something like domestic terrorists.  There was not much in the book
about domestic stuff.​

> >…and are US citizens to boot.  bill w
>

> Ja.  You do know that our current government had a US citizen murdered
> abroad, ja?  He was a terrorist, I am not saying it was Little Red Riding
> Hood on her way to bring cookies to her grandmother or anything.  But he
> was a US citizen, with the emphasis on was.

​Surely for you this is a good sign.  Good?  Yes.  We know about it -
that's very good.  Now if they had offed him in this country and we found
out about it only because of a leak from an attempted coverup, we should
all shudder in our boots about just how far they'd go.  The guy was
actively involved, wasn't he?  Not just trying to get there and join.  Am I
right?  Then I think he should have been treated like any other terrorist.​

​We'd both like to know about what their guidelines are.  I'll be the pres
had to OK this one.  Ironic, isn't it?  Obama won the Peace Prize and has
been fighting wars longer than any other US pres in history, and has not
been hesitant to use drones and so forth.  I think they go too far with
this program, btw.  Too much 'collateral damage' - killing civilians to get
one or two guys is just too much to swallow.  Doesn't matter if they are
big chiefs.  I think that's overrated. One guy falls and another takes his
place and we have little to show for it except one guy dead.  And more
suicide bombers motivated.​

​bill w

> ​p.s. - kinda scary how our opinions correlate with our political stance:
 you are more conservative than I am, and conservatives tend to be more
fearful about things like this (this says nothing about the actual
situation.  That is, being more liberal or conservative does not match with
being right or wrong)
​