[ExI] Atheism again

Will Steinberg steinberg.will at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 15:45:40 UTC 2020

You've decided what is silly and you act like you're making objective
claims.  This is how you, John, argue: you state a silly claim that nobody
here is ever making, and then you attack it and somehow feel good about
yourself for destroying a straw man.

I don't believe it's silly to believe that consciousness is universal.  In
fact, as a materialist, I think it is patently stupid to believe
consciousness for some reason stops at the brain--a silly, 1700s, vitalist
view--as opposed to believing that computation and information exchange are
everywhere and thus consciousness is to (to considerably simplify my
argument.)

In fact, I believe you actually AGREE with me, but for some reason you are
arguing against a stupid idea of God that nobody here even cares about.

For other unrelated bullshit to dredge up, how about those damn Hawaiian
natives and their stupid gods?  Eh?  Is that bait tempting enough?

On Wed, Apr 22, 2020, 11:37 John Clark via extropy-chat <