[ExI] addiction p.s.

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 02:29:38 UTC 2020

That would seem to be your view — not mine. I believe libertarianism is the best way to live in society. That’s why I advocate it. (Before anyone here gets the wrong idea, I wrote that I “believe [it’s] the best” not that it’s the only way. I bet without this parenthetic comment someone would respond with “people have lived for thousands of years in societies — heck even back to the origin of humanity if one defines society broadly enough — and they weren’t practicing libertarianism.”)

Why would think I believed they (libertarianism and society) were incompatible? It seems to me you presume that the only way to live in society is under some form of systematic oppression like a state and its attendant hierarchies. If that’s an accurate rendering of your view, then it’s you who believes they incompatible. (Elsewhere, someone called this the Robinson Crusoe fallacy: that one must choose between freedom and society. That fallacy seems quite widespread. To me, it’s similar to how many people believed being lorded over by aristocrats was the price to be paid for living in society. Don’t fall for that line.)

Regards,

Dan
   Sample my Kindle books at:
http://author.to/DanUst