[ExI] state of conflict technology

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 07:13:33 UTC 2020

On Thu, Jan 9, 2020 at 11:41 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> Eh, there seems to be no good solution to this.  Real libertarianism true
> to principle would allow anyone to do anything they wanted, but as soon as
> they camped on the sidewalk, that is someone else’s property, so they put
> them on a bus and haul them out to the central valley, adios amigo, good
> luck, here’s yer tent.

### Well, yes - real libertarianism is "live and let live", and this also
implies "live and let die". I am not my brother's keeper. Removal of legal
sanctions for using and selling dangerous drugs would certainly facilitate
infliction of self-harm, and some people who are too timid to use drugs now
might become victims of their own stupidity - well, so what? We may offer
good advice in the spirit of the good Samaritan but if this advice is not
heeded, I do not feel guilty for whatever happens. The only situation where
this does not apply is of course children and other wards but that's a
different story.