[ExI] perspective on covid

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Mar 8 04:12:44 UTC 2020

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of John Clark via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] perspective on covid

On Sat, Mar 7, 2020 at 7:57 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

 >>… I don’t know when the people decided that government was responsible for everything.

>…I don't think government is responsible for everything but I also don't think it's too much to ask that the leader of a country should show at least a trace of competence.

Such as this?

nation

confirmed cases

million proles

cases per million

times worse than USA

China

80652

1,345

60.0

49

South Korea

7041

51.26

137.4

113

Italy

5883

60.49

97.3

80

Iran

5823

84

69.3

57

France

949

65.3

14.5

12

Germany

799

83.8

9.5

8

Spain

500

46.8

10.7

9

Japan

461

126.5

3.6

3

USA

401

329

1.2

=1

Switzerland

268

8.7

30.8

25

UK

206

67.9

3.0

2

Ok.  Did it.

>>… economic reality will hit a government which has been living off of borrowing for decades.  Eventually the lenders stop lending.

>…You know something spike, I've been hearing that exact same song all my life and it's never even come close to coming true… John K Clark

Ja, we should eliminate taxes altogether and just borrow it all.  If the suckers are willing to lend and interest rates are low, I don’t see the point in paying our bills ourselves.  Let the Chinese pay for it all.  They don’t dare stop lending because we go broke and they don’t get their money back.  What are they going to do, repossess the country?