[ExI] Free will was: Everett worlds

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 11:15:27 UTC 2020

On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 3:41 PM William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <

> So you, John, admit that you have no idea how to define abstractions.  Is
> that right? You don't use a dictionary, you can't tell anyone what love is
> because the physical examples I sent won't work, I suppose?   bill w

It's not just nouns that have physical examples, you can have physical
examples of adjectives and adverbs too. And that's a good thing, otherwise
there would be no adjectives or adverbs in human language. If a woman and I
are kissing each other and one of us says the word "love" the other one
will get the idea, and the channel of communication would be far clearer
than what even the best poet could achieve.

John K Clark