[ExI] Chalmers

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 04:18:57 UTC 2021

On Tue, Mar 2, 2021, 10:22 PM Brent Allsop via extropy-chat <

> I agreed with you above about the way philosophers seem to obfuscate
> things in complexity.  But I disagree with you here.  My prediction is that
> once we fully understand qualia, knowing things like which of all our
> descriptions of stuff in the brain is a description of redness, and things
> like the symmetry theory of valence, we will be able to predict, and
> simulate, with law like certainty, who likes what art, when, and why, and
> we will be able to objectively describe and demonstrably reproduce what it
> is like to experience all "art" for all people, in all its diverse
> phenomenal colorness

That sounds like the Tower of Babel

I would knock it down myself rather than be trapped in what would surely be
an evil cage where everyone (or even just me) is forced to "eff" this and
"eff" that with law-like certainty...

I can say I don't know.  I am starting to believe that is the truest truth
anyone can assert - everything else feels like selling a memeplex one
thought at a time.