[ExI] 27 psychedelics??

Will Steinberg steinberg.will at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 21:02:53 UTC 2022

There are a couple specific fake drugs you might get like 25i-NBOMe instead
of LSD but in general psychs are pretty clean.  Mushrooms are usually
mushrooms, acid is usually acid, DMT is usually DMT.  The latter 2 are
hypothetically easy for anyone to produce from legal items, too.

IMO the main danger of psychedelics would be longer-term mental issues like
depression or paranoia.  Usually the worst that would happen in an extreme
bad trip scenario is someone thinks they have to go to the hospital (panic
attack) and then has a shitty time there because a hospital is probably a
pretty bad place to be tripping (or worse, jail or the back of a police
car).  But yeah I'd say long-term derealization/dissociation effects are
worst case.  Once you see the fabric that reality is made of, things can
feel fake if you don't integrate that property.

It's like being in Conway's Game of Life and then SEEING the entire board
and thinking "wtf, we're all just squares?!".  The trick is to realize that
life and consciousness don't distinguish between substrates so it's fine to
be squares or whatever.

Of course the squarely SQUARE squares I'm squaring off with here won't
care, for them it's neither here nor there...but if they dare to partake in
the apparently perilous fare of a 3mmx3mm^2 square of Lysergsäure (which I
would share) then maybe they could tear through the error of seeing what
seems to be there as something (not squares,) and then be aware that we are
but squares acting and acted in a square fable reflected and refracted on a
square stage, and albeit strange they would be able and willing to pare
that silly error filling their minds, and see through the cracks and the
tears, as they reacted then they would in fact find that magic
is...[BLACKED OUT, REDACTED] ;)

On Tue, Apr 26, 2022 at 4:21 PM Dan TheBookMan via extropy-chat <