[ExI] Nobody knows the true colors of things, on this day of color.

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 20:19:22 UTC 2022

Hi Dan, It looks like I may  have failed to include the link to the actual
answer?:
https://www.quora.com/How-does-the-brain-create-colour-How-would-you-explain-colour-to-a-blind-person/answer/Brent-Allsop-1
And as you can see, the first paragraph proves this kind of Naive Realism
view can't be true, for who's redness would be the property of the
strawberry?
Also, the book summary talked about how qualia: " are related to the
physical properties on which they supervene".
However if qualia supervene on something, then the qualia are different
than what they "supervene" on.
And Dennett says that <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qualia> qualia
are "*directly
or immediately apprehensible
<https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/apprehend> by consciousness
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consciousness>*".
In other words, qualia are directly apprehended.  We are interested in the
qualities we directly apprehend, not the different stuff on which they
allegedly supervene/intervene, right?

On Sat, Mar 19, 2022 at 12:38 PM Dan TheBookMan via extropy-chat <