[ExI] Michio Kaku makes 3 predictions about the future

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 23:08:19 UTC 2022

On Sat, Mar 26, 2022 at 12:02 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> Granted, but my contention is that defense against military or law
> enforcement raiders is a much easier and practical task than is survival on
> Mars.

That is not the point of view of many of those looking to fund these
initiatives.  Defense against raids - without pissing the raiders off to
the point that they invent justification for something like what's
happening in Ukraine now - can be a delicate, near-impossible art, while
survival can be reduced to technology and measurable goals and is therefore
achievable...is how they think of it.  Whether or not you agree, and
whether or not they are delusional in this, is irrelevant: this thinking
informs their spending.