[ExI] bee having fun

Dave S sparge at gmail.com
Sun May 1 16:09:09 UTC 2022

On Fri, Apr 29, 2022 at 5:42 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> Is there a legitimate reason, or even a logical illegitimate reason for
> stopping a guy from buying social media in order to make its filtering
> algorithm public?

I think it's naive to assume that making the source code public will reveal
how decisions are made. It's highly likely that machine learning is
involved. If that's the case, then bias in filtering can be a result of
bias in the training data. I doubt that the training data will be available
or its biases understood any time soon.

-Dave