[Paleopsych] Energy Shift: reworking personal transport

Steve Hovland shovland at mindspring.com
Fri Oct 29 17:43:35 UTC 2004

One thing we could do would be to analyze
urban traffic patterns using satellite imagery.

We could then begin to insert microbuses
into these corridors to take up the load as
people begin to look for alternatives to the
one-person one-car mode we live in now.

Cell phone and computer technology could
be harnessed to provide a responsive system,
as opposed to the rigid system we have now.

There would still be peak hours, which could
be handled by employing people part time,
which will be increasing popular as Baby
Boomers choose to slow down.