[ExI] Science or Science

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 18:26:29 UTC 2018

stuart wrote ;

 wanted to see how you tried to distinguish signs of
intelligence/consciousness in something very much larger than you were. In
something so very different than a human being, what constitutes
intelligent behavior and what constitutes merely complex behavior might be
hard to distinguish.

I object to your use of the word 'merely'.  In fact I do a lot of thinking
about DNA.  Hard to find more complex behavior than that.  Sometimes I
think of it as having a purpose - teleology.  Does it know what it is
doing; is it trying to make something better?; or is it merely chemistry?

But what are we at base - merely chemistry?

bill w